Naked ladies blooming beautifully this year.

mulberryknobAugust 1, 2013

The 6" of rain in the last 2 weeks have really made for a fantastic show of the Naked Ladies, unlike last year when the drought was so bad that only a few made it up. And the grasshoppers ate most of those. I walked around counting this morn, got tired when I got to 1800 and estimated the 2 or 3 hundred that were left. If anybody would like to have some of these, now would be a good time to say so. I can't sell them, but I will send a dozen to anyone who will send me $12.00 postage and handling. (I know I said $10.00 last year but that didn't always cover the postage.) Since they are between $3.00 and $7.00 per bulb to buy from nurseries, that's a steal.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

This must be a good year, the bulbs I got from you, plus the ones from my old house are doing well this year even though I think I got less rain than you.

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 9:45PM
mulberryknob

Glad to hear it Larry. They don't need 6" to bloom well, but it sure helped this year.

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 10:12PM
mulberryknob

Erod, Your address was blocked on the email you sent me through GW, so email me again and include your email address and I'll email you my mailing address.

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
seed swap tulsa
are they having the seed swap in Tulsa today
oldokie
Anyone ever read the Soil forum?
Hahaha, I went over to go check out how they were doing...
Lisa_H
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Lisa, did you see: Work starts to protect monarch butterflies
Their bright orange and black wings are a familiar...
OklaMoni
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™