Need Boriya Mirch seeds/ US supplier

SortaOrganic(7)March 24, 2013

Got into Indian cooking over the summer, and many of the recipes call for these peppers dried. I can buy them, but would like to add them to my pepper garden this year, but haven't found a US supplier of seeds. I tried to germinate seeds from the packaged ones with no success. Even a small packet of 10-15 seeds would be fine. Should have thought about posting on here before now....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
habjolokia

Based off of what I could find on the Boriya Mirch description and pictures its seems to also be called Cascabel and you may have more luck locating seeds using Cascabel. They are both described as a round pepper that rattles. Hope this helps.

Mark

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 7:36AM
SortaOrganic(7)

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the delayed response. Got potatoes, peas, onions, garlic, cauliflower and brocolli scheduled to go in this weekend. I have been busy getting the beds ready. I will look tonight using your information and see what I can find. Thanks!

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:01PM
SortaOrganic(7)

Thanks for the info Mark! I was able to find them, and have placed the order. Wish I could have found them earlier, but glad to have a source now. Thanks again for your help.

Bookmark   April 11, 2013 at 7:36AM
More Discussions
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Problems Germinating Seeds
Hi Everyone, I used to be able to germinate seeds....
newmexmike
Need A TON of help on bhut jalokias
I'm growing bhut jalokias Carolina reapers and Trinidad...
bigcatcal
Where do you find seeds for different hot peppers?
Is there a special place to order seeds for some of...
goldilocs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™