hot pepper plants to leggy

casanovaninjaMarch 21, 2014

i would like some advise please, do you think my hot pepper plants are to leggy?? if they are, what can i do to fix this proublem ...please help me. this is my first time growing them, i realy dont want them to grow wrong or die ect...:( please get back to me asap

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esox07

Maybe a little. Is that your setup? If so, then yes, you are going to get leggy plants. you need more light and the light needs to be closer to the plants.
Bruce

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 12:40AM
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

Agree with Bruce.

The other point is that (IMO) spot lights/LEDs do not provide uniform light to plants. and you cannot bring them close enough to all your seedlings. I think fluorescent are better choice as grow light.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 5:18AM
morugaman

More light for sure. And if your ready to turn it into a little project I would find some reflective material to surround the plants if I were you. That brown color makes it a bit dark in there. If you don't have room for 2' or 4' fluorescent lights then I would get some CFL's

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 1:01PM
DMForcier(8 DFW)

Incandescent bulbs shine mostly in the yellow, orange, and red end of the spectrum. Those colors aren't much use to plants - they want all the blue they can get. Fluorescent bulbs are much bluer - and a lot cooler so they can be put much closer to the leaves.

In Montana it will be quite a while before you can set them outside so you will need to provide better light for them inside until then.

Good luck,

Dennis

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Where do you find seeds for different hot peppers?
Is there a special place to order seeds for some of...
goldilocs
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™