Cleveland County Wildfires/Evacuation

Okiedawn OK Zone 7August 3, 2012

Multiple fires are being fought in central OK.

At this time, the most serious one near Slaughterville in Cleveland County has spurred evacuations in one area.

See the link for the latest evacuation news. At this time it is listed in the entry for 3:10 p.m.

If you have TV or internet access, KFOR's chopper is live streaming.

Here is a link that might be useful: WIldfire Info

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

There now are multiple fires with evacuations in various parts of OK. Refer to your local media sources for the latest.

I hope none of our forum members are in the path of these fires.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 5:56PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

For anyone who is wondering, I've been in touch with P-Mac and the Slaughterville fire is not close to their home at this time, nor is it moving toward them. Ken and Paula are watching the fire and monitoring the news reports. They are fine. (And I am so glad!)

Dawn

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 7:37PM
p_mac(7)

Just saw that the town of Luther is on fire. They are evacuating the whole town. Greenacreslady (Suzie)? Are you okay? I know there are a couple of others out there but I can't think of their names!!!

Wind is about the shift to out of the southeast. Gulp.

P-mac (Paula)

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 7:40PM
OklaMoni

I just turned the TV off. I can't take it any more. This is so awful.

Moni

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 9:00PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Paula, That is just so awful. I hope Suzie and everyone else is okay.

I am still listening to Norman's scanner traffic and everyone is working so very hard to stop this fire. I am sure the crews at Luther are working just as hard. Fighting these fires in the current conditions is just almost impossible. Too hot. Too dry. Too windy.

If any of y'all want to listen to the scanner traffic, you can go to radioreference.com and click on Oklahoma, then on the scanner of your choice. I clicked on Norman to get Cleveland County.

Please remain vigilant tomorrow...and that applies to each and every one of us whether there are fires near us today or not. Tomorrow's conditions will be just as bad, and perhaps a little windier. If you see smoke or flames anywhere and do not know if fire units are already at that fire, then please call 9-1-1 to report it. The earlier that fire units are dispatched to a fire, they better their chances of extinguishing it before it can outrun then and get away from them.

I am praying for the safety of all involved. For all that we worry and fret about our plants, it is people, and the companion animals they love, that matter most at a time like this. Everything else can be replaced, but lives cannot be.

Dawn

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 9:12PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

This is just awful.

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
chili peppers
I am totally confused what is a chili pepper. this...
oldokie
Cross pollination of mixed packet of flower seeds?
If I have a packet of mixed carnations, for example,...
chickencoupe
Problems/successes germinating
Since all I am doing right now is sowing and waiting...
luvncannin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™