my dog is jealous of the pepper plant....

t-bird(Chicago 5/6)March 30, 2012

there was some white spotting on one of my pepper leaves, and I got worried and pulled it out of the shelving unit and took into another room to investigate. Just some power on the leaves, it was fine.

I've been watching for peppers, but nothing seemed to be happening on most of the plants. After looking at the plant, seeing nothing was wrong I was about done with it when I saw it had a 1 inch pepper I hadn't noticed.....I said in surprise "I didn't know you had a pepper!" and I must have used my talking-to-animals voice because the dog looked at me with his sorrowful quiet jealously, like when I pick up the cat....

Do you ever talk to your peppers?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheezdoodle12(6)

Haha.. that's funny, I know what you mean. I have caught myself talking to my pepper plants. Mythbusters did a show on that once too.. LOL. Isn't it supposed to be good for them when you talk nice to your plants? Unless you want hotter peppers, then I guess you have to yell at them ..to stress them out :)

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 11:06PM
smokemaster_2007

Nope,but I cuss at mites from time to time though

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 11:55PM
plant_newbie_2010(6b)

How cute! I can totally imagine your dog, cause mine sometimes looks at me with her big, watery, brown eyes while I obsess over my seedlings(it's my first attempt)!XD LOL! I tell my seedlings to stay healthy!=) Oh! Btw, I once saw some documentary hosted by Leonard Nimoy about plant communication, and apparently plants enjoy classical music, and rock music 24/7 can potentially kill them...=/

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 2:19AM
Edymnion(7a)

Odd, Mythbusters did that experiment and found that rock and heavy metal were good for the plants.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 10:29AM
plant_newbie_2010(6b)

Really? Gotta watch that episode!=)

The Leonard Nimoy documentary had a scientist do an experiment with 2 enclosures with plants and a speaker on 1 side of each of the enclosures. All variables were kept constant, and one enclosure had classical music from the speaker, and the other had rock music(volumes were taken into account too). The plants exposed to classical music were leaning toward the speaker. For the plants exposed to rock music, they showed a time lapse of the plants leaning away from the speaker before dying off... lol

How odd though, that the experiments have such opposing results!=0 Now I really have to find that episode of Mythbusters to watch!=D

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 5:17PM
More Discussions
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
Wow! Sure seems slow!
In the midst of seedling season, I would expect the...
woohooman
Cooking With Fresh Peppers
When we talk about chili/ hot peppers, hot red peppers...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™