help id leaf disease

morbidan(7a)June 11, 2011

My sunflowers and my tomatoes are suffering from some kind of ailment. No one has been able to help me on the tomato disease forum so I'm hoping I could get an answer here.

My tomato: leaves are curling, have been drying up, turning yellow and eventually brown and crinkled. It seems to be moving from the bottom up and all four of my plants are suffering. Everyday keeps getting worse. They're in pots filled with potting soil and are watered when top of soil is dry. I fertilized with organic tomato fertilizer every 2-3 weeks.

My sunflowers: have tiny brown specks all over them and the tips turn from yellow to brown and eventually wilt and dye. I've lost at least 3 lower sets of leaves to this and I'm seeing the same symptoms on all the leaves. They haven't even bloomed yet and I'm hoping to save them.

This past week I used a light dish soap and water mixture thinking it was aphids or mites. But it seems to have made the symptoms progress even faster.

Pictures are attached below and your help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: thanks for helping

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

In pots or ground?

If pots, what size?

Beyond that, looks like they're short of water, also short of nitrogen.

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 5:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morbidan(7a)

Two tomatoes are in 5 gallon pots and the other 2 are in a raised bed. All four have the same conditions of curled yellow and brown leaves. They are fertilized regularly and the soil is moist. Any idea what's damaging them or the sunflowers?

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
Sure fire way to get rid of Earwigs
I read the FAQ's for Earwigs and no mention was made...
dowlinggram
sudden black stains on indoor plant with insects
These black stains appeared suddenly on an indoor plant....
patriiiiiiiiiick
Hardiness zone question
I've always wondered about hardiness zones. When a...
cakbu
sick chaya tree
There is a crack on the lower part of the trunk and...
jane2014_ec
Weeding raised beds!
My husband was being treated for cancer last fall and...
jpc57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™