Costa Rican Sweet Pepper

sworegonjim(8)April 17, 2011

I am looking for someone who has eaten/grown a red Costa Rican Sweet Pepper. They look good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Costa Rican Sweet Pepper

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EZCyclone

I have not grown them, but have eaten plenty that a friend has grown. He gets pretty good yields for a large pepper, and the flavor is great for grilling or for snack trays. My fave is to slice them up and have them next to carrots and broccoli with ranch.

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 5:58PM
charlietexas

i am from costa rica. if you are going to grow them make sure they are planted in good drainage soil with at least six hours of sun a day. we use them many ways just like the bells in the usa and the grill is another good way to have a taste. sometimes ours grow much larger than the ones in the photo. personally i think the larger the pepper the less tastee. your choice. good growing and happy eating.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 9:52PM
kosherbaker(LA CA-10)

They appear to be Capsicum Annuum. Do they taste like a Bell Pepper? Or have they a taste of their own? Is it strong or weak?

Rudy

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 1:06AM
charlietexas

the ones in the photo taste mild like the green bells we used to purchase in usa. mild and sweet for a pepper. i have a hunch that the green bells in the states would turn red if left on the vine longer.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 8:06PM
sworegonjim(8)

Hey all, thanks for the info. I have been out of town and this is the first chance I got to GW in a week.

My sister found one of these plants at a nursery in central Illinois. The store owner told her the peppers were delicious, but hadn't caught on yet in the USA. He gave her the plant for $1.00 as he couldn't sell it. I suspect people were afraid it would be hot. She has it planted at home and is looking forward to getting some peppers.

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 9:59PM
More Discussions
How To Support Pepper Plants
Those who grow tomatoes know it that supporting the...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
will my pepper seeds sprout?
I am planning to start to grow some pepper plants and...
mariorossi3c
Wow! Sure seems slow!
In the midst of seedling season, I would expect the...
woohooman
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™