rain!

wifey2mikey(7a Tulsa, OK)August 6, 2011

We didn't get much - but it was beautiful and wet and wonderful! :-)

~Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

We got some. Not sure how much. It sure looked scary coming in. Looks like we may get more. We sure need it.

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 10:14PM
joellenh(6b Jenks)

1/4" here in Jenks. It was HEAVEN, and gives me a blissful 2 day vacation from watering. :)

Jo

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 10:19PM
wifey2mikey(7a Tulsa, OK)

It's still sprinkling here at my house in S. Tulsa. Hoping it continues for a bit longer.

~Laura

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 10:38PM
OklaMoni

Sounds like Tulsa got more than OKC did last week. Good for you.

Moni

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 8:27AM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

In my mind I have an idea of what the balance of lightning, thunder, and rain should be. We lost the balance last night. With one dog in the closet, and the other in the shower, we did not get too much rain.

However, when I go outside I no longer smell smoke!!! Our drought has been too long, and I really appreciate every drop we can get.

I hope it continues to visit us, and maybe the temperatures will drop a little.

Sammy

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 10:00AM
p_mac(7)

I'm lucky to be in that NE part of Norman that has been getting some rain for about the last hour! There was even one flash of lightening and a clap of thunder!

I'm sitting at the computer with the French Door open listening to it rain on an August Sunday during the hottest summer in Oklahoma history. The hummers and other birds are flying around delirious! This is indeed a precious moment.

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 10:22AM
redding

We got patches . . . literally. My huge drive is dry except for a few blobs where it rained enough to get the pavement wet. Otherwise it's a drop here and a drop there. My daughter says OK is the only place she knows of where it can rain on the other side of the street! We got quite a bit of thunder rumbling around, but no wet stuff coming from it.
However, the horrible smoke has largely dissipated, which is a blessing.

Pat

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 10:58AM
greenacreslady(7)

We were leaving for a wedding just as the front blew in with a vengeance with the winds whipping around from north. The temperature immediately dropped from well over 100 to 95, and as we drove south through Edmond we could see the smoke from the big fire to the east. Then as we got down into OKC and ahead of the front the temp went back up to 110. When we came out of the church (near mid-town) after the wedding the temp had dropped and the north wind had carried that smoke all the way down there. As soon as we got home last night after the reception I checked the rain gauge and was doing the happy dance because we got almost half an inch. This morning it's overcast and looks like it's raining to the south and east, so I hope some of you down that way are getting some of that nice rain this morning.

Suzie

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 12:02PM
cactusgarden

My "small" driveway got wet. We had a day in the 80's. A pleasant day in OKC, we were an island in the heat. I got caught up on a lot of gardening chores I had put off.

Bookmark   August 8, 2011 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap. February 28, 2015 When I...
duckcreekgardens
Problems/successes germinating
Since all I am doing right now is sowing and waiting...
luvncannin
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Ark. traveler tomato
Some one sent me a few seeds last yr. and I didn't...
sorie6
Milkweed?
Does anyone have milkweed seeds they could share? I'd...
tracydr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™