Obama's Oprah Problem

housefulMay 21, 2012

When Oprah "decided" to leave her daytime show, it never occurred to me it was because her ratings were slipping. I was never a viewer, so it made no difference to me. I do, however, remember the backlash she received from choosing Obama over Hillary.

This article basically says she thought she was bulletproof, and Obama seems to feel the same about himself. I have to agree with that.

In a nutshell:

"Which only proves that what Americans hate the most is a phony. A fugazee."

Only time will tell!

Here is a link that might be useful: Obama's Oprah Problem

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

FTA: Obama says he is a Christian and then takes positions on matters such as gay marriage and abortion that most Christians canâÂÂt reconcile with their faith. And that confuses Christians and non-Christians alike.

I am not confused. How many people are confused?

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 11:40AM
elvis

Not clear about his stand--confused? No, that would be me being kind. I understand what he is doing. The writer was being diplomatic, that's all. No one is confused; right? Obama's a typical politician, that's all. Nothing he says can be believed.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 11:47AM
esh_ga

Obama has a personal belief that he says has evolved. Elvis, are you saying that he is LYING about his personal belief?

If you believe something and later change your mind - shall I call you a liar and say that you can't be believed? Or shall I in good faith trust that you in fact did change your mind?

A belief seems a very personal thing and I am willing to extend him that trust that he did in fact change his mind. A lot of people have over this very issue.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 11:54AM
elvis

Sure, I'll accept that as long as you accept that Romney can change his mind, too.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 12:16PM
esh_ga

What has Romney changed his mind about? Apparently support for abortion. And yes, I fully believe he changed his mind on that.

So yes, Romney can change his mind.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 12:21PM
More Discussions
Donald Trump to launch exploratory committee
because... "the only one who can make America...
duluthinbloomz4
Spies & Tools
The Wall Street Journal says that US elected officials...
labrea_gw
The Governor of Maine v. Stephen King
King - 1 LePage - 0 (IMO, the Governor is one of...
momj47
Jeb prepared to be 3rd Bush to use Military in Iraq
This is from the article in the link But he has said...
enmc
Supremes Uphold Voter ID Law
The Supreme Court let stand a 7th Circuit Court ruling...
Christopher_H
Sponsored Products
Designer Stone Obama Head Planter - 2066
$124.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™