More Camden County palm pics

steve_nj(7-a)July 8, 2011

These have been at a County library branch for about 5 years, all having been grown from seed. The pics were taken Wednesday.

Sabal louisiana

Trachy & S. louisiana

2 trachys

Not pictured; young Sabal minors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HardyPalmFreak((7b)(Bronx, NY))

Wow -- I'm movin'!!!

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 9:59PM
tropicalzone7(7b)

Love the pics! My Sabal Minors dont look that good WITH protection! I cant believe they were grown by seed! It definitely gives a little bit of hope that they might naturalize a little!
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 11:23PM
wetsuiter(7b/8a)

Alex, I grew up in Burlington Country, just a few miles from where these pics and the related Palmyra thread were take. I have family in Bergen County just west of UWS of Manhattan. When traveling between South and north Jersey in winter a very noticeable difference in weather is apparent. Especially temperature and winter precipitation. I'd often leave bare grass in South Jersey and arrive with considerable snow two hours to the north.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 9:47AM
trishmick(z7NJ)

Steve, I assume you've seen the pics of my Trachy in prior posts (and just before in the central Jersey thread). Any ideas as to when it might flower? Trunk is now over 5ft, and seems in the last few years to be growing at a much more rapid pace. It gets no Winter protection now, and was literally buried in snow back in Dec./Jan. Not sure if such abuse has been detrimental, but it looks as healthy as ever. Quite proud of this tree since it was planted back in '01 as a seedling with no visible trunk whatsoever, and am amazed every day that it has survived as long as it has...

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 10:31AM
wetsuiter(7b/8a)

Alex, I grew up in Burlington Country, just a few miles from where these pics and the related Palmyra thread were take. I have family in Bergen County just west of UWS of Manhattan. When traveling between South and north Jersey in winter a very noticeable difference in weather is apparent. Especially temperature and winter precipitation. I'd often leave bare grass in South Jersey and arrive with considerable snow two hours to the north.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
Bright indirect light???
Hi! I just bought a couple plants (Areca palm, sago...
Nikki321
Trimming Cycad Fronds
I have two King Sago Palms, in pots, in my enclosed...
mamaheel
Bangalow Palm Separation - Triple Planted
hi, i had just separated Bangalow Palms that i just...
acaryofyllis
Sago Palm out of control!
I have 3 sago palms that started as nice small plants....
kkupsh
Please help identify my cycad
Hi all, I bought a cycad from a palm nursery that was...
aramat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™