Where to buy fruit trees

dawnreneeSeptember 30, 2013

Is there somewhere other than Lowe's that sells a good variety of fruit trees. I'd love to find Keiffer Pear and a few apple trees. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

dawnrenee, Are you looking for someplace you can buy them here in Oklahoma? If you're open to the idea of ordering them online and having them shipped, there are several good nurseries that sell quality stock at reasonable prices and that ship. Stark Brothers, based in Missouri, is one, and another one I like is Bob Wells Nursery in Lindale, TX. Both have websites so you can order online.

Since the Bob Wells Nursery is less well-known, I'll link it below. Stark Brothers is very easy to find via a Google search.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Wellsl Nursery

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 6:20AM
OklaMoni

I bought some stark brothers trees last fall, and they did wonderful this summer. Grew nice.

Moni

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 6:53AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

A couple of years ago which was a bad time to plant anything, I bought a fruit tree from a box store and one mail order. The mail order one was bare root and much smaller. The store one had a root ball wrapped in burlap or something. It was hard to keep it watered; the bareroot took off and survived. The bigger plant died. This spring I bought some from local stores and they are fine - better weather. If you can't find what you want order it. Those small plants will catch up. Shipping is what kills me though - I hate to pay for shipping seems like money down the drain.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
Row cover - best brand, where to order?
Hi everyone, I want to order some row cover. I want...
canokie
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
monarchs
http://www.livemonarch.com/growinginstructions.htm Thought...
sorie6
Potato planting
Here are some pix and videos of us planting potatoes. The...
johnnycoleman
Cover crops that help with root rot
I just listened to a soil health talk on the web. My...
johnnycoleman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™