yellow leaves

woody64(5a)June 14, 2010

I have a small orange tree that I started from a seed and is growing quite well up till a few weeks ago when the top leaves started turning a real pale pale green ,almost a yellow color.The bottom leaves are still green,although not a deep green but green none the less.I tried feeding it with some miracle grow but it dont seem to help.I put some bone meal in the soil earlier the year .any ideas/thanks

ps:the tree is about 3ft tall and i have it in a 12"diameter pot in my house

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

How long has it been in that pot?

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 10:27PM
dan_staley(5b/SS 2b AHS 6-7)

Yes, along jeans lines pot too small and soil needs refreshed, and in addition orange trees from seed from the grocery (opposed to heirloom from friend/family garden) likely don't come true and you don't know what you are going to get. And MG likely not the...um...miracle in any case and you want to look at the formulations in citrus food and adjust your fert from there.

Dan

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 8:58AM
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

It could be one or a combination of many things, root bound, soil consistency, possibly over watered. As far as soil, if it's anywhere close to the right consistency and drains well, it should be fine for up to 2 years. Obviously people have different opinions about MG but using it at a lower strength more often is better than full strength in a container. I'd almost be willing to bet it's a soil issue. It's probably compacted and not allowing proper drainage or oxygen to the roots. What kind of soil was used?

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Sure fire way to get rid of Earwigs
I read the FAQ's for Earwigs and no mention was made...
dowlinggram
A rabbit! Argh!
Of all the problems I expected in a suburban dessert,...
deserthawk
ID please
Found a bunch of these crawling around my rain barrel....
woohooman
Black/brown dots on basil, diamond-shaped bugs
Hello, So, something has been injuring my basil plant....
yotekai
Weird white stuff growing on my plants.
I've noticed weird stuff growing & spreading on...
Cheryl Tan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™