Finally

earthworm73(WA z8)August 2, 2011

I've been waiting all season for this but we have finally gotten into a stable summer like pattern for the past week. Albiet the nights are still a little cool. In response to this all of my palms seem to be working on opening a frond that were in suspended animation. (I hope I am not imagining this)In celebration I will give them a shot of homemade compost tea. I checked this morning and the concoction has nice heavy head on top which means if full of goodies. I hope my palms like the brew but don't get too drunk. They deserve a drink after what they've put up with this "summer". (Toast arm up) Here's to a warm fall, mild winter and an even warmer summer 2012.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wetsuiter(7b/8a)

God, please not warmer! I'll trade you 10 degrees of daily high temperatures for a soaking rain just once a week.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 12:08PM
andyandy(6bMI)

Good to hear, I hope it keeps up for you. The last time I was in California was when I was 14 (28 years ago). My Grandmother and I stayed with my aunt and cousins in Lafayette from late July-Late August and it was +100 every day.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 2:19PM
tropicalzone7(7b)

Congrats on the summer weather! I have a good feeling that summer will last into fall by you.
-Alex

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 4:45PM
earthworm73(WA z8)

Thanks all.
@ wetsuiter you got yourself a deal. Although we are usually dry during the summer we had a 5 hours rain this past weekend that I'm sure you would have loved.

@ andy 100* this year in Cali are few and far between except in the inlands desert. Everybody else is below normal.

@ Alex I hope you are right about that. I'm also hoping we have a winter like '09 which was a 9A winter. If memeory serves me right we never got lower than like 28 or 29*. That was nice. But I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

Anybody have an opinion on the farmer's almanac? Are their prediction relatively ballpark or what?

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 5:56PM
wetsuiter(7b/8a)

I can't remember the last soaking rain we had, let alone a five hour rain. The last few "showers" didn't even wet the sidewalk under my front tree.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 9:58PM
jimhardy

"Anybody have an opinion on the farmer's almanac? Are their prediction relatively ballpark or what?"

Entertainment only!

Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 12:21AM
More Discussions
Windmill palms for sale on Long Island, NY. 35% off till March 23rd
We currently are having a 35% off sale right now on...
ISLAND WIDE PALM TREES
Planting young palms
Is it better to grow baby palm trees in container and...
Late Sound
This new format sucks!
I think I'm done posting here.
bradleyo_gw
Mexican Fan Palm Tree - Fronds Turning Yellow/Brown
Hi everyone, I live north of Dallas, TX and have a...
RedRayderz01
New coconuts
Hello everybody! I'm new to this forum and have an...
coconutman
Sponsored Products
Brushstrokes Gold BRS03 Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 9 In. Rug
$424.15 | Bellacor
Three-Piece Japanese Bird Cheese Serving Set
$60.00 | Horchow
Home Decorators Runner: Omega Multi 2' 6" x 10'
Home Depot
Jonathan Adler Meurice Polished Nickel Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
'Family' Puzzle Piece Wall Art
$9.99 | zulily