Leaves curling up and some down

alpchilliApril 1, 2014

Hi sorry to keep bugging you all with my leaf problems:)

I'm still new to this and have a problem with my Satans kiss chilli plant and ske of my peter pepper plants.
In pictures I see everyone with perfect dark green leaves all standing up at a perfect 90degrees.
Only a few of my plants are so lucky.

Here is a picture of my Satans kiss (could only uploud one photo, will upload the others in the next post)
The leaves are closing length wise which never happened with the ones I had last year (actually my Satans kiss plants usually had the best leaves out of all the plants I had last year).
I thought maybe I over watered them as they had just been repotted.
They've been in the sun today for 2 hours and back under t5 lights now. The soil has completely dried so they are definitely not over watered. I've now watered a little bit and still no change. They are under t5 light 18hrs a day.
Just want to know if it's normal or if there is a problem?

I will post about my peter peppers underneath or in a new thread so that I can post a new picture (don't know why I can only add one per post:()

Thanks for any help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alpchilli

Here's the problem some of my peter peppers are having, some worse then others. The leaves are just hanging and curling under. Hard to get a good photo. I've also let them dry out incase it was due to overwatering.

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 1:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jutsFL(9b (Orlando))

There could be a multitude of possibilities...
Just my 2 cents:
I've only had that upward curl (exactly like your photo) when I had an aphid infestation ... Check the bottom of your leaves to see if there is an issue.
The bottom curl I have had when my plants get shocked from a combination of light/heat/and drought... When watered better they perked up, but some leaves retained the bent appearance with no ill effects to the plant as a whole.

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
Your Grow List --- 2015
It is getting closer to start the season especially...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Lemon Peppers
I grew these last year from store bought seeds. They...
cooperdr_gw
Where do you find seeds for different hot peppers?
Is there a special place to order seeds for some of...
goldilocs
How's your overwinter going?
How's everyones overwintering going? This was my first...
ozzy2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™