Bluecrop Blueberry - Leaf Image Symptom Checker

NorcalChileGrower(8)July 18, 2011

So a little over a month ago I started 4 containers of Northern Highbush blueberry (in zone 8). Two are Bluecrop, one is Darrow, the other is Spartan (I'm aware I'm in zone 8 and asking for trouble with Northern varieties). They were potted in a premixed "Acid Potting Mix," and are mulched with redwood. None have really taken off. But now recently all of their leaves are starting to turn red.

Checking their PH gave me an alkaline reading of about 7. After seeing their condition decline, I just yesterday repotted them all and amended the soil with cottonseed meal and sulfur.

The provided image of the top of the leaf is extreme, and not typical (yet), and I suspect might be a fertilizer burn, but the image of the underside of the leaf is what most of the outside of all of the leaves on all of the plants look like. From Northern Highbush Blueberry (Bluecrop) Disease From Northern Highbush Blueberry (Bluecrop) Disease

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Not fertilizer burn.

Instead, environmental stress, which may be as "simple" as short of water while trying to establish a root system.

One or several off-color leaves can be normal whereas the distribution on a plant can be very telling as to the underlying cause.

So, in the future, please post an overall picture of the plant concerned as well as an affected leaf/branch.

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Can I fix these split branches?
I have two different bushes/shrubs that have split...
dblank
problem with skunk cabbage
My Eastern skunk cabbages aren't doing so well. I believe...
weirdflowers
Seedlings being cut by pest
My precious seedlings are being decapitated by an unknown...
tomatosensei
yellow raised spots/bumps on tomatillo leaves
Hi guys, I've got some tomatillo plants that are developing...
kuvaszlvr
Best organic pesticide for house plant soil?
Best organic pesticide for house plant soil? I currently...
algar32
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™