what are these eggs!!!!???

hyazvacJuly 11, 2014

I know I'm not the first to hang my laundry on the line to dry. but since i started doing that, this is the third time i've found what i think are bug eggs on my clothes. they are about the size and shape of a poppyseed. I should note that i've only found them after they have been folded, put away, and am just about to wear the article of clothing. I gasp and throw it half way across the room, feeling like some creepy bug might crawl out of my shirt.
but today was the WORST. as i was changing my baby's cloth diaper, i found them ON HIS DIAPER that has been at the bottom of the clean diaper bucket for about 4 days.
what do i do???!!?!?!?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

In my experience, large masses of eggs laid in weird places are usually from some sort of moth. I've watched them lay big rafts of eggs on window screen.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 4:02PM
HighlanderNorth

Wow, how long did they stay hanging on the clothes line? I would think thats not something you'd see after just a few hours outside. I would make sure to bring in your laundry as soon as its dry.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 4:32PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

It's interesting, highlander, but this is a very common issue....egg masses on laundry hanging out to dry. Who knows why.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 7:39AM
More Discussions
atrazine
I am not a novice gardener, and yesterday I applied...
nancy1648
Brush cerry transplant shock HELP!
just bought this brush cherry,3 days after I got it...
halocline
Weird white stuff growing on my plants.
I've noticed weird stuff growing & spreading on...
Cheryl Tan
Hardiness zone question
I've always wondered about hardiness zones. When a...
cakbu
Help for my Privet
I have two large privets outside on my Patio, (i live...
estesdv
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™