Aprox how many Habanero pepeppers per plant

amast13(11)April 22, 2009

Can I get some feedback on how many habaneros everyone is getting on the first run and your location? I am in Costa Rica and trying to figure out aprox how many peppers per plant I will get on each cycle.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pyrocreation

My first year growing them the Habs produced about 20 per plant but they were not properly fed (sickly green and spindly) and kept in small pots..plus I started them from seed in mid may so they got started late. I only got one harvest out of them before the frost killed them back in 2004..have not grown habs since until this year. Currently they each have about 30-40 flowers on them and 4 starting peppers, the plants are only the same size as my first attempt's were but they have yet to be moved outside and out of the small pots they are in.

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 6:10PM
bdobs

My brother grew a hab plant that had hot as all he!! oragne pods in an Earthbox a couple years ago. He must have gotten at least 50 peppers off that guy. Litterally enough to completely fill a gallon size ziplock

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 11:23PM
pep_head

Last year was my first year growing habaneros in MA. Most my plants had about 10-20 peppers on them but I had one that put out 40-50. I kept my plant through the winter and it has about 100 flowers on it and a few peppers already. I plan on putting it outside this weekend.

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 12:50AM
deanriowa(4b)

I have planted Habaneros(orange colored) for the past three years in medium sun and I usually receive anywhere from 40 to 100 per plant. Years ago when I planted them in full sun, I could receive 200 plus from large plants. Maybe it is the good Iowa soil.

Dean

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 10:05AM
s.s.tupperware(9b)

buck fifty , buck seventy five from a good plant...

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 4:51PM
shebear(z8 NCentralTex)

In your climate the plant should be a real producer. Definitely closer to 200 or more. And I'm not sure what you mean by cycle.....season? I haven't noticed mine cycle. They tend to have all stages of peppers constantly after the first peppers.

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 11:11PM
chillilover(Zone 6b)

How many depends on many things. Type of habanero, pot size or in ground, soil, weather conditions, genes of the plant, disease or problems that may occur. So it's really hard to say in my opinion.

Bookmark   April 24, 2009 at 1:44AM
More Discussions
Pepper Plant Wilting at Night
Hi All, My plant has been growing lovely, but at night...
salevene
Bhut Jolokia best growing conditions?
I have some Bhut Jolokia peppers coming in the mail....
piranha338
My first kinda hot
I believe this is a Mako Akokasrade. Its about 2.5...
peppers_galore
Possible NuMex Halloween Mutation
So this year I broke out one of my dried NuMex Halloween...
Edymnion
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Sponsored Products
Serena & Lily Teak Step Stool
Serena & Lily
Citrus Basket by Alessi
$135.00 | Lumens
Rainforest Garden 3-Piece Quilt Set
Overstock.com
Terra Cotta Cachepot With Handles
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Bird of Paradise Plant
Overstock.com