Heat Advisory for NE OK and SW AR

Okiedawn OK Zone 7September 2, 2012

The Tulsa office of the NWS has issued a Heat Advisory for some counties in northeastern Oklahoma and southwestern Arkansas. It is in effect through Tuesday evening.

You can see the affected counties in orange on the linked map.

To read the text of the Heat Advisory, click on any county colored orange, and then click on the link for the Heat Advisory.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webpage of NWS-Tulsa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chickencoupe

I have some not nice choice words for these bulletins. LOL Honestly, I'm not worried about the heat but potential lack of precipitation. Trying not to worry about it seein' I can't do jack about it. But really .... I hope we do not have a beautiful spring-like fall. Rather a wet ugly one would do better.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 11:47AM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Well, I do want a beautiful spring-like fall, with sunny, mild, clear gorgeous days. Let us have wet, ugly nights. That would be the best of both worlds.

If I am going to hope for anything, it would be rain, but why can't it rain at night and be pretty all day?

Our average high temperature around this time of year is 90-92 and our forecast is for 103. That just stinks. I am hoping for anything cooler than 103 since I'm not likely to get my wish for even 'average' high temps these next few days.

I am listening to the local forecast and he does says the trough coming down from Canada should be here on Thursday or Friday. I hope he's right. I am in a "I'll believe it when I see it" frame of mind right now.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 12:20PM
soonergrandmom

Mesonet says we went to 102, but it was 104 in early afternoon at our house. It was very, very hot.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 8:21PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Same here. I think Mesonet hit 101 or 102 but it was 105 here, and 107 few miles south of here.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 8:48PM
slowpoke_gardener

I dont know what the temp was, but it was way to hot. I went over to mow DD's lawn today, I live in western AR., she lives in eastern OK.. I doubt it is over 10 miles between our houses (as the crow flies). It was hot in both places, but much dryer at her house.

Larry

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Pinching growing tips on tomato seedlings?
Every spring usually after I've transplanted my tomatoes,...
jcheckers
Gardenia and Peace Lily Zone 7
Hi All. My daughter died recently and we received...
realtrrldy
Classic Armadillo Thread From 2005-2013
I mentioned the thread linked below in a different...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Squash Resistant to Squash Bug and Squash Vine Borer
According to Jay White at Texas A&M University,...
chickencoupe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™