My Newest Acquisition (pic)

earthworm73(WA z8)August 25, 2011

I have always wanted a good sized CIDP and finally got one. This one looks like it could use some more nitrogen or epsom salt. There was another one at the nursery that was a little darker green but the poor thing was literally bursting out of the plastic pot and instead of re-potting it they sat it in a drip pan full of water. I figured it was stressed out and I would not be able to re-pot it for another week or so as I am super busy. I will probably keep up potting this one until it gets too big to bring inside the garage during cold rainy weather. Then I will have to put it in the ground somewhere on my small property. Our climate is similar to London's except they are a 9A and I am a 8B and we avg. 10 inches more rain than they do. London have now mature and fruiting CIDP that were planted as small guys thriving there. I hope to have this one for at least a decade if I do my part and protect during nasty winters.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andyandy(6bMI)

Looks great, I've always wanted one too. Good job!

Bookmark   August 26, 2011 at 8:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthworm73(WA z8)

Thanks Andy. It's a little pot bound but I might get around to potting it up before winter. If not then it's gonna have to wait til spring. It's a little malnurished but I already gave it it's first of many compost tea and fish/kelp feedings to get some deep green growth out of it.

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 1:50AM
More Discussions
Help! What is wrong with my Windmill Palm?
My windmill palm is approximately 6 yrs old. Today...
lulupalooza06
Areca seeds germinating
For years my palm was seeding but something always...
tropicbreezent
Survival of up rooted Palm.
I'm in coastal NC Z8b. Builders dropped off a up rooted...
camaross94
This new format sucks!
I think I'm done posting here.
bradleyo_gw
growing Dypsis lutescens indoors bad idea?
I hear they are really bad indoor plants, What is ideal...
YouthGarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™