Yellowing leaves

richiesailsApril 21, 2013

These hot peppers are bailey piquin. How do you guys think there looking. Just moved them today into cups. Previously they were in peat pots. For starters. A little concerned cause some leaves have been turning yellow before i transplanted. Looking forward to hearing from the forum thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trilliam

Maybe they can use a little dilute nitrogen?

This post was edited by Trilliam on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 3:31

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 3:30AM
habjolokia

How often do you water the soil looks very wet. Nitrogen can be the issue but overwatering causes yellow leaves and is more likely the cause. What type of soil are you using?

Mark

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 7:21AM
richiesails

I uses miracle grow potting soil. I feel like when i don't water alot they start wilting and when I got them with water they come back.

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 6:05PM
habjolokia

MG usually has enough fertilizer for 3 months be sure to check the package to be sure. You can either water when you see signs of the leaves beginning to wilt/droop or see how many days it takes from when you water to leaf wilt then water on that schedule until the enviorment changes ie going from indoors to outdoors then you will have to adjust when you water. I like to let the leaves droop before I water and it keeps me out of plant trouble. It does work here are my plants and I let them dry to the point I see slight drooping before I water. Also started hardening them off. I also use MG Orchid mix and MG Organic choice and have not added any additional ferts just what comes with the soil and bonemeal but that won't be plant useable for a other 5 months.

Mark

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 7:09PM
tsheets(5)

Make sure they are not wet at the bottom. Use a wooden skewer or chop stick or something. The top could be bone dry and the bottom be a marshy mess.

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 7:39PM
More Discussions
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Failed Germination: Anyone have spare seeds they'd like to spare?
Hey everyone. First time being on here since last season,...
tom1992
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™