My Biggest Project Ever

planterjakeAugust 4, 2011

You can see before and after's of the biggest project I have ever taken. I love the way it turned out. Any questions, just ask...

Go to my blog.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicalzone7(7b)

Looks great! Very nice and lush and I love all the blooms and bananas! Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 10:07PM
planterjake

Thanks! Those Hosta's are beautiful and actually have a scent that is lovely. I know most here on this baord and others who do tropicals don't like them, but I do. The leaves lend themeselves to this style of gardening and later blooming varities like these white ones extend the colour.

Jake

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 10:55PM
tropicalzone7(7b)

Hostas are extremely common here and I know why! I was in someone's yard a few years back who was Hosta crazy and they had a whole row of them and the fragrance was amazing!
Its actually kind of hard not to like them. I dont personally plant them because the bugs destroy them around here, but other than that, I really do like them. I cant even think of another shade tolerant, fragrant, flowering plant that is bulletproof down to at least a zone 5. And the big, colorful leaves are an added bonus
-Alex

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Vertically vs horizontally sprouted coconuts
Hello everybody! I saw some vertically sprouted coconuts...
coconutman
Please help identify my cycad
Hi all, I bought a cycad from a palm nursery that was...
aramat
Bright indirect light???
Hi! I just bought a couple plants (Areca palm, sago...
Nikki321
Survival of up rooted Palm.
I'm in coastal NC Z8b. Builders dropped off a up rooted...
camaross94
Spindle palm pot size?
Hey guys. It's been hovering around 0F here, with jaunts...
Cally Paparelli
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™