disease bell pepper

SuriFarmJuly 26, 2014

New to this forum . Bell pepper , CalWonder non hybride . White spots on the crown , where the stem comes up the soil . Plant wilting . Rust spots on the leaves . Already use fungicide (copperoxychloride , banrot , chlorothalonil ) and fungicide ( imidalcloprid , malathion ) . No avail . Any suggestions ??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SuriFarm

Additional pic

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 1:43AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

Already use fungicide (copperoxychloride , banrot , chlorothalonil ) and fungicide ( imidalcloprid , malathion ) . No avail . Any suggestions ??

==>>>> wow that a lot of chems for one little plant ...

i would call it a loss.. and throw it away ...

ken

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 8:38AM
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

The roots have failed.

The next project is determining why. It's typical for certain diseases to be common in a region. you need to discover what they are where you live.

Is there a local agricultural authority available? If so, talk to them. If not, youâÂÂll need to talk with experienced gardeners/farmers near you.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 3:51PM
SuriFarm

@ken : started the chems when disease manifestations occur . Spraying chems on week intervals in between . No avail . That little plant was trowm away . Too sick for some tiny little plant .
@jean001a : to determinate what is failing the roots is key . I live in Suriname (?? South America ) . This disease is causing local farmers much headache and they are stepping away from bell peppers . The hot peppers instead are thriving just fine . Local agricultaral authority has no clue , they put the blame on the seeds (??) .

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 7:15AM
More Discussions
Acacia invaded by Caterpillars!
My wife and I don't know what to do. We have a small...
llilibel03
coleus crisis -- leafhopper/ weevil/ cyclamen mites combo?
I have been having a lot of trouble with my coleus...
brown_panda
Getting rid of soil nematodes
Dear veggie lovers: This is my first season growing...
diane_zn7a_albqnm_5500ft
Tomato disease
My tomato is under attack. It looks like both insects...
garf_gw
Grubs
I'm finding quite a number of these in my garden beds....
oberci
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™