What are your must have this season?

erika79(Zone 9)May 14, 2010

Hello everyone we all have our favorites, but which is your must have this season? I know I'm going to get Kimi Moragne and I also want to get Veracruz rose and a few others. I need to find my list..... I know is somewhere around here, my DH probably hid it from me he thinks I have enough of them but we all know we can't just have one. lol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

Hah! I have too many already. Not getting any more. But I'm going to try to take really good care of my favorite -- the Penang Peach.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 9:00AM
craftymama132001(Ohio (5))

I just got one of my must haves, Metallica, and the other I will have this year is Musk Rainbow.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 12:53AM
erika79(Zone 9)

Dave: We all know how it is "It all started with one" now I have more than 34 and last summer was my first season. I promised my self that if I had any repeats I would give them away to friends, but is just too hard to let go.

Craftymama: Metallica, wow! I should add it to my list.... lol may be next year this years list is too long.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 12:28AM
iowajojo

Craftymama! How r u girl!!?? A Metallica..Man am I jealous now! I just put out my Plants 2 days ago...was a loooong hard winter here.
To answer the original question, all I want this season is a warm/hot summer!! :)

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 7:26PM
craftymama132001(Ohio (5))

Hi, Jo!!! I'm doing really good, and you? I put all my larger plants out today. Sunday all the rest will go out. Can't wait to get my house back! lol I think winter in your area was way rougher than our winter here in Ohio. I keep in touch with a friend in Des Moines, and her winter sucked! Sometimes Ohio isn't all that bad. lol I have to be patient for my Metallica. The guy I'm getting it from is rooting it for me, and he wants it to have a nice big root ball before he ships it. Apparently they are difficult to root. All the better for me, it saves me the effort and the worry! lol Good to hear from you again. You've been quiet for a long time! Take care! Crafty

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 12:24AM
arctictropical(Z4)

I already bought them! I'm going for miniature plants and fragrance:

Jungle Jack's mini-white (miniature)
Divine (miniature)
Delightful (fragrance)
Calcutta Star (fragrance)
Penang Peach (fragrance)

I already have some dwarf type plants like:

Dwarf decidious
Key West Red

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 3:24PM
houstonpat(9a)

:) Trust me Jo, you don't really want a summer in which plumerias flourish... I would gladly like a cool dry summer like Honolulu has. :)

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 4:05PM
iowajojo

No no houstonpat, if you had been through the winter I went thru, you would understand. Snow from November to March and an Ice Storm so bad we were declared a disaster area...I want the heat...and today it's over 90º..so...woohoooo!!!! :)

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
My Plumeria Tree After NE Flotrida Hard Freeze .
Hello gang; This plumeria has been outside all winter...
edzone9
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
How To Give Away Plumeria
I bought a plumeria (gorgeous pinks and yellows) before...
treehugger101
Bayer tree and shrub
Has anyone ever mixed in fertilizer with the Bayer...
rox146
Plant robbers
I woke up this morning to find one of my plants, a...
gidgetsocal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™