What's On My Geranium

scottyboipdx(8)August 12, 2010

Just thought I'd post this here as it seems like the appropriate forum. My Ann Folkard geraniums have been having some trouble, see below pic, some reddish discoloration has been appearing on the leaves, which I initially thought might be rust, but fungicide hasn't done anything to curb its spread...any ideas? I also have geranium 'Rozanne' in another bed around the corner, which doesn't seem to be affected.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

It's tough to say. Perhaps a bit of a "tired" plant after a long bloom season and maybe ran a bit short of water along the way.

Although I don't have that plant, when my hardy geraniums look like that, I cut them back, give them some water, then let them regrow.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 2:15PM
scottyboipdx(8)

Thanks Jean...that's pretty much what I decided to do this morning, cut back all the spindly stems and left just the newer sprouts in the center, dressed with some compost and gave them a good soaking.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 2:23PM
scottyboipdx(8)

Thanks Jean...that's pretty much what I decided to do this morning, cut back all the spindly stems and left just the newer sprouts in the center, dressed with some compost and gave them a good soaking.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 2:57PM
More Discussions
Aphid central.... At my wit's end...
Every single over-wintering pepper I have is inundated...
theripetomatofarm
Black/brown dots on basil, diamond-shaped bugs
Hello, So, something has been injuring my basil plant....
yotekai
Seedlings being cut by pest
My precious seedlings are being decapitated by an unknown...
tomatosensei
Weeding raised beds!
My husband was being treated for cancer last fall and...
jpc57
Home made seed tape
sorry - moved post to diff forum This post was edited...
oldgardenguy_zone6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™