Books, insects.

okiehobo(7a)October 20, 2011

Hi all. I'm looking for a book on garden insects, It must have color photos of all stages,

eggs,larvae,nymphs,pupae,and adults. and be written for the average Gardener to understand and not for an entomologist.

I am considering 'Garden insects of north America,

But I wanted to check with you all to see if you know anything about this book, or know of a better one.

I would appreciate any help you can give me on this subject.

James

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I looked it up on Amazon; it gets great reviews. I am hoping for other suggestions because if I order it I want to get free shipping. You tempted me and I am weak. I have some insect books but so far I have needed separate books to get enough information. For example a book on dragonflies, another for moths and butterflies. Maybe this book does it all; if so that would be wonderful.

Bookmark   October 20, 2011 at 7:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

I have this book and I love it! Helen, I, too, have a lot of books on butterflies and moths, especially because I have a Butterfly and Moth garden, growing plants that sustain their larvae and nectar plants as well. But, I am also interested in other garden critters and that's where this book fills the gap in a big way.

Susan

Bookmark   October 22, 2011 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Milkweed?
Does anyone have milkweed seeds they could share? I'd...
tracydr
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Ark. traveler tomato
Some one sent me a few seeds last yr. and I didn't...
sorie6
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
Cross pollination of mixed packet of flower seeds?
If I have a packet of mixed carnations, for example,...
chickencoupe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™