Books, insects.

okiehobo(7a)October 20, 2011

Hi all. I'm looking for a book on garden insects, It must have color photos of all stages,

eggs,larvae,nymphs,pupae,and adults. and be written for the average Gardener to understand and not for an entomologist.

I am considering 'Garden insects of north America,

But I wanted to check with you all to see if you know anything about this book, or know of a better one.

I would appreciate any help you can give me on this subject.

James

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I looked it up on Amazon; it gets great reviews. I am hoping for other suggestions because if I order it I want to get free shipping. You tempted me and I am weak. I have some insect books but so far I have needed separate books to get enough information. For example a book on dragonflies, another for moths and butterflies. Maybe this book does it all; if so that would be wonderful.

Bookmark   October 20, 2011 at 7:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

I have this book and I love it! Helen, I, too, have a lot of books on butterflies and moths, especially because I have a Butterfly and Moth garden, growing plants that sustain their larvae and nectar plants as well. But, I am also interested in other garden critters and that's where this book fills the gap in a big way.

Susan

Bookmark   October 22, 2011 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Mold Beneath Hay Mulch
I've probably been listening/reading to too much noise....
chickencoupe
Onion question...
I haven't been on here in awhile....I couldn't sign...
ilovetoplant
check in, all ok? sure was windy and lots of hail
All quiet here now, near NW 14 and Villa. Sure hope,...
OklaMoni
Calvert Landscape did a great job at my house
Scott Calvert is now on speed dial on my phone. He...
draej
We're Having All Four Seasons of Weather This Week!
This is your warning that this week's weather is going...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™