Source for Venezuelan Snowball

Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)June 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a source for Venezuelan Snowball? I've looked and looked online but so far haven't found any for sale.

My JJ's Premium White (which turned out to be Ken's White) has a light floral scent and I'm really wanting a white plumeria with a strong scent.

Venezuelan Snowball's strong honeysuckle scent description has gotten me intrigued (plus I think the bloom structure is beautiful).

In the meanwhile I've ordered a Dwarf Deciduous White from Florida Colors. It's supposed to have a strong citrus scent.

Thank you,

Robert

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Hey robert. Next year my JJ's scentsational might be big enough to take a cutting from so I will try and remember to get you one.

dont know where to find the Snowball

the "White Knight" at Maui Gardens sounds nice, "The scent is similar to a gardenia."

mike

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 4:16PM
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)

Thanks, Mike!

I actually just ordered a rooted cutting of a white Thai NOID from Lola's Gardens on eBay which to my eyes looks like it could be 'Scentsational' (the petals curl up and look a little floppy and the leaves are wide and have distinctive tips).
The seller says it's highly fragrant. :)

My plumeria obession is quickly getting out of hand. Laugh.

Also thank you for the 'White Knight' heads up!

-Robert

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 4:38PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

I think both of our obsessions are getting out of hand, Im blaming Kenny, Laura, Jandey, heck pretty much everyone here, hahaha. I went by Southwood again today just to see if maybe they had marked down what is left. Fortunately they havent. They have a blooming Jenny and a Hearts desire calling your name

Mike

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 4:48PM
Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)

Laugh. Just what I needed, another enabler! And here I was thinking Kemistry was a bad influence. ;)
Fortunately I have plants on their way to try and hold my interest. Plus my 'Daniel Weeks' ginger (Hedychium) is finally starting to produce flower spikes. Woo hoo!
I know I'll need to divide them soon.
You're welcome to a chunk if you want to try yet another fragrant tropical plant. :)

-Robert

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
More questions.....
So... I have had my Plumerias down the basement for...
scott_madison
more middle room
re worked some space in the middle of courtyard. used...
rox146
Inflo from last summer now producing multiple tips!
Hello guys and gals! I have a little situation on my...
Andrew Scott
My Plumeria Tree After NE Flotrida Hard Freeze .
Hello gang; This plumeria has been outside all winter...
edzone9
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™