who has moved things inside and what?

andyandy(6bMI)September 16, 2011

I moved my coconuts and bottle palms in for a couple of nights a week and a half ago because it was pouring rain and barley hitting 60. Then it warmed up againa and they went out again. I moved them back in along with 4 of my filifers seedlings a couple of nights ago and it has fallen into the low-mid 40s. I may be able to move them back out Sunday as we will hit about 73. We have barely hit 60 the last two days. I was wondering who else has moved things in?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hunter_M(Kentucky Z.6)

It was 46 degrees here last night. Im scared for my plants.My plants may be in within a week.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 3:17PM
tropicalzone7(7b)

Still too warm here to move anything in, but today just barely got to 70F, so it was very cold in comparison to what it has been. The plants are doing well though and temperatures will be returning to the mid to upper 70s during the day and 60s at night by next week here. Glad that there is still some more growing season to enjoy here.
-Alex

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 3:58PM
chicago_palm

If it drops into the 40's its in the garage for the coconut and the other more topical plants. Back out when the temps at night are above 50. lots of moving until it stays cold. They are in garage the last few days.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 10:59PM
chadec7a

We have had so much rain that my potted agaves started rotting and had to be moved inside. But nothing due to the temps.

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 9:45AM
andyandy(6bMI)

Moved them back out Satuday because it was only falling to 59 Saturday night. 77 by mid week but back into the 40s at night by Thusday.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 11:05AM
subtropix

Moved in the cacti due to the foot and half of rain that fell in August, some Phalenopsis orchids, and some of the Ficus. Everything else (95%) outside--including the coconut.--Denial just ain't a river in Egypt.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
Spindle palm pot size?
Hey guys. It's been hovering around 0F here, with jaunts...
Cally Paparelli
Help! What is wrong with my Windmill Palm?
My windmill palm is approximately 6 yrs old. Today...
lulupalooza06
Germinating Bismarckia nobilis in cool subtropical climate
Hi, I am on Pico island in the Azores and there is...
PicoAzores
Coconut Palm
Hi all. I am brand new to this forum and i'm just looking...
johnob
Mexican Fan Palm - Getting a wee to close to the pool.
We are recent transplants to the southwest so not much...
ranquet91
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™