Tomato yellowing and wilting-- with PICS-- Should I pull it?

yutopia(6B)August 3, 2012

Not sure how to upload multiple pics to a single post, so please check below for more.

This is a yellow pear tomato. The stem is brown. How risky is this to the other tomatoes?

I plan on pulling it and keeping the green tomatoes in a box in the basement to ripen eventually. I also am using Serenade to treat the surrounding plants, although if this is fusarium I don't think it will prevent the spread.

How can I fight this? Organic gardener here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yutopia(6B)

Plant stem. Pretty sure I need to pull this. The wilting at the top of the plant started a few days ago.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 2:33PM
yutopia(6B)

White cherry to left, Amish rose to right. Both doing beautifully with no sign of this.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 2:35PM
yutopia(6B)

A bottom branch. I have been pulling these over the last few weeks as they show up. I planted these three way too close.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 2:36PM
Dragonfly_27(6b)

Hello, I am new to this forum but I found your post as I am experiencing something similar with my tomatoes. My garden, I believe, has the disease and I don't think there is going to be a fix for that. However, I also grew a yellow pear plant in a pot that is up by my house (up a hill, about a 100-150 ft away). Anyway, they have just started to fruit and the top leaves of the plant are wilting. I am concerned if this is the start of something more serious, like what you were posting.

Do you have any insight? What became of your plant? Did you figure out what the problem was, and were you able to treat it? Also, did it affect any other plants near the yellow pear?

Any wisdom you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 10:40AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

dragon .... start your own post ...

and i bet you will get better answers in the tomato forum ... those peeps are tomato-holics ... taking the growing of such.. to a fine art ...

it was a horrible year for Ts in my MI ... and your looks about 400% better than any of mine.. lol .. and i am not pulling mine out...

ken

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Grubs
I'm finding quite a number of these in my garden beds....
oberci
Sawdsust and Fresh Tree Wood Chips
My DH and DS built kitchen cabinets in our woodshop...
nancedar
Sure fire way to get rid of Earwigs
I read the FAQ's for Earwigs and no mention was made...
dowlinggram
Spots on my apple tree leaves
Hi, Spots have been appearing on my new apple trees....
nat9510
sick chaya tree
There is a crack on the lower part of the trunk and...
jane2014_ec
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™