What's blooming in your palm grove?

subtropixSeptember 11, 2011

What is giving you color in the palm grotto now that it's mid September. For me it's Butterfly Bush (Buddleia), Crape Myrtles (reds, pinks, magentas and purples), roses, marigolds, Lavender Asters, Yellow coreopsis, Purple clemantis, Magnolia virginiana, and M. grandiflora 'Little Gem.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicalzone7(7b)

Right now my Cardinal vine, Brugmansia, Gardenia "Frost Proof" Orchid, Desert Rose, Bougainvillea, hibiscus, Lantana, and Cannas, (and a few others like Portucalas and of course my Plumerias!) are all adding some color to the yard. The bougainvillea is adding the most color though since its in the middle of the yard and is covered with as many blooms as it possibly could be!
-Alex

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 5:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Central_Cali369(Sunset Z9, Fresno, CA)

Most of my summer dormant plants are, well, dormant lol. But some others sun loving, heat loving plants are blooming nicely. My California Fuchsias are in their prime right now, blooming their hearts out. Also the aptenia cordifolia, callistemon and my bougainvilleas are blooming like crazy! I love those royal purple masses of blooms! Erythrina Crista Galli and the echeverias as well as tibouchina urvilleana.

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
Areca seeds germinating
For years my palm was seeding but something always...
tropicbreezent
Windmill palm still alive in Chicago!
Going to have to build a bigger box next year! This...
rosekuchar
Survival of up rooted Palm.
I'm in coastal NC Z8b. Builders dropped off a up rooted...
camaross94
Sago Palm out of control!
I have 3 sago palms that started as nice small plants....
kkupsh
Help! What is wrong with my Windmill Palm?
My windmill palm is approximately 6 yrs old. Today...
lulupalooza06
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™