help

jatallianJune 28, 2012

what is the orange powder looking stuff on the under side of the leaves and how do i get rid of it thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
No-Clue(So Cal Zone 9)

Oh oh sounds like rust! Others here will know what to do. But I would isolate that one plant from all the others until then.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 1:14PM
irun5k

Yup, rust. It can be hard to control.

You cannot eliminate the rust that has already formed, but you can apply a fungicide to help keep it from spreading.

I am currently using a systemic fungicide that I got from my local garden center that you mix and spray in a pump-up sprayer. I am not sure if it is helping or not but at least it is not hurting. I think granules might possibly work better if you can find such a product. I am not clear on the benefits of spraying a systemic product. One would think most of the uptake would be via the root system and not foliage. I am using the same fungicide on my Singapore Obtusa which seems to flirt with black spot and black tip on occasion.

Also, most recommend removing any already infested leaves... put them in a bag and toss them.

The good thing is that I haven't heard of it killing a plant. However, a bad case can strip all the leaves.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 3:20PM
beachplant(9b)

it is a fact of life here. It doesn`t effect blooming that I have noticed. Spreads to so many different plants.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Inflo from last summer now producing multiple tips!
Hello guys and gals! I have a little situation on my...
Andrew Scott
Jungle Jacks at Lowes
So, now that I have your attention....when do you think...
rox146
OT White Beach In Southern Cali?
I think I need to put Visine in my eyes.. Did I just...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
neighbor nut
well, I guess it takes all types....we manicure our...
rox146
Need help with a sick Plumeria
Glad to have joined your site and hello from sunny...
mag107
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™