What's wrong with my Spirea?

wildflower_2009August 17, 2010

Our neon flash spirea got this burnt at the edge of its leaves. And the burnt area are getting crisp. Do you know what might have caused this symptom? Is it some sort of disease or it's just simply dying? Any chance of over/under water? or the exposure to the sun? We kept it our semi-shade area during the past 2 weeks though. Now I moved it to the area with more sun exposure (although not sure whether it is the way to go.)

We bought it from a home improvement center only 2 weeks ago and haven't got round to put it in the ground just yet. Appreciate your suggestion/remedy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan_staley(5b/SS 2b AHS 6-7)

From here and with paucity of information, looks like getting cooked in the pot. BigBox stock generally marginal in the first place and cooking stock after purchase rarely positive. Fortunately most consumer BigBoxes have a generous, no-questions-asked return policy.

Dan

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 6:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hortster(6a, southcentral KS)

Dan is likely right. If a potted plant gets too dry one time and has serious wilt, it can be watered and return somewhat, but looks just like yours. Get that sucker planted, watered and mulched! (Or, returned if allowed, THEN planted, watered and mulched!)
hortster

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Will these onions be any good?
I planted onions last year and the grass got in them...
beefarmer61
Home made seed tape
sorry - moved post to diff forum This post was edited...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Grubs
I'm finding quite a number of these in my garden beds....
oberci
ID please
Found a bunch of these crawling around my rain barrel....
woohooman
Black/brown dots on basil, diamond-shaped bugs
Hello, So, something has been injuring my basil plant....
yotekai
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™