Seed Savers Network Gathering October 6, 2013

macmexOctober 3, 2013

Hey folks,

I understand that many may be too far away to participate. But I would like to make the invitation anyway. You may already know/remember that we're starting up a seed savers network, originally called Green Country Seed Savers Network. Well, I think it's evolving and going to go wider. We're in communication with some gardeners from OSU and Tulsa. So this name is likely to change to something like Oklahoma Seed Savers Network, or something like that. Anyway, we're planning a physical meeting in the pavilion in Norris Park, in Tahlequah, just South of Northeastern State University and just North of the Cherokee Courthouse. It will be This coming Sunday between two and four PM.

Originally when planned we called it a seed swap. I'm bringing some seeds. Some others will bring some. We're more inclined to give them to interested people than to actually do swapping. Ron Cook, the developer of Heavy Hitter Okra (branching form of Clemson Spineless) may well be there with a good quantity of his seed. As much as anything, we're wanting to enjoy a social time of sharing and talking about seed saving. All are invited. Message me privately and I can send you my cell phone number, if you would like more directions.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macmex

Well,
We did have an organizational glitch. Dorothy and Glenn (Mulberryknob) and I showed up at Norris Park. The rest of the folks waited for us at a pavilion behind the Armory. But after a bit, we did all meet up and the meeting went very well. We had a great time. It wasn't a "seed swap." It was a "seed give away!" But I believe everyone came away with something new. Most of all, we had a great time of sharing information.

George

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 5:31AM
slowpoke_gardener

George, I was hoping to come and bring Cornfield pumpkin, Seminole pumpkins and Brazilian Butternut to give away, but due to a medication glitch I got to go to the ER instead, but I will have seed to give away if anyone wants them.

Larry

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 2:31PM
macmex

Larry,
You would have been the "star of the show," if you could have made it. Everyone was very interested in my squash. But I didn't have any to give away! I would be quite interested in some Seminole seed.

George

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 3:04PM
macmex

There was talk about meeting again in November or December, just like this last meeting. I'll keep you posted when we have a date.

George

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 4:02PM
slowpoke_gardener

George, I will see that you get any seeds that I have if you want them. I will soon have my pile of squash and pumpkin down to a manageable size.

Larry

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Thyme (common) Slaughter
I'm getting ready to kill it. It is up about 1/2"...
chickencoupe
Growing cilantro in the summer
I started some cilantro from seed so I can have it...
Cynthiann
tomatoes are popping
was late starting my first flat. they are starting...
oldokie
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™