Nicotine sulphate/Blackleaf 40 source?

rredbbeard(SE CT USA/zone 6)August 17, 2008

This product used to be available at retail. Does anyone know where in the US this can be purchased now?

Thanks,

--Rick

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

No longer on retail shelves. Nicotine is nasty stuff.

So, what is it you're trying to manage? Perhaps we can suggest something else that works.

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 12:38AM
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

The product registration has been canceled by the USEPA so this stuff can no longer be sold, legally, in the USA.

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 8:17AM
rredbbeard(SE CT USA/zone 6)

Yeah, it can be nasty, but I liked it because it was relatively organic and very specific and handled a lot of bugs. After a day or two, it was totally degraded. Right now I've been going after tomato worms with an organic spray, to which I add a few drops of bacillus t. This gets squash bugs and the worms at the same time.

It seems like nicoine is no more deadly than some of the other chemicals on the market;it's effects are just more immediately apparent...

I'm wondering if I could produce something similar by simmering tobacco in water...?

--Rr

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 12:18PM
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

At one time, for some reason, some people did consider Nicotine Sulfate "organic" but it is as organic as arsenic and cyanide. Arsenic was at one time also considered as an acceptable organic pesticide and was marketed as Paris Green, but knowledgable people would not use that any more than the Nicotine Sulfate.

Bookmark   August 20, 2008 at 2:01PM
bb20110108_celts_kennedycatholic_ne

I have a bottle of black leaf 40 for sale, it is a little bit used like 1/6 is used. If you are intersted in buying please email me at bb20110108@celts.kennedycatholic.net

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 7:41PM
taxus_man(5b)

Back in '50 and '51 I sprayed trees, getting soaked several times a day. We used arsenate of lead and nicotine sulfate. Something in there must be a preservative. I'm 80 and still gardening. Every time we find something that works, the government bans it. cyanogas was another, yellowjackets in the ground. dead in minutes.

Bookmark   April 17, 2011 at 8:37PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

OMG

Bookmark   April 17, 2011 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Aphid central.... At my wit's end...
Every single over-wintering pepper I have is inundated...
theripetomatofarm
Treating tomato plants with dishwashing soap
This is my first time here, so i hope i am following...
susanbf714
Best organic pesticide for house plant soil?
Best organic pesticide for house plant soil? I currently...
algar32
Seedlings being cut by pest
My precious seedlings are being decapitated by an unknown...
tomatosensei
what can I do to save this tree?
This is a Cheery tree that I planted last year.
420benz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™