Where to find Bismarkias in Ventura County, CA?

Central_Cali369(Sunset Z9, Fresno, CA)October 4, 2013

Hi everyone,

I will be heading to Ventura County in a couple of weeks and will have some time to browse some nurseries there. I know the Santa Paula/Oxnard/Ventura areas are dotted with nurseries left and right. I am on the hunt for a bismarkia nobilis and was wondering if any of you in SoCal know of a nursery that carries them. I know Nickle Palm Nursery in Bakersfield carried them, as well as cheap Dypsis Decipiens, but it sadly doesn't look like they're open for business anymore. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lzrddr(91360)

I am not aware of any Ventura Nursery that carries Bismarckia reliably. Sorry.. in fact, only Nurseries I know of that will always have them are in Orange and San Diego Counties.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 5:25PM
Central_Cali369(Sunset Z9, Fresno, CA)

Thanks Lzrddr. Maybe it's worth calling ahead of time and special ordering one. I called Nickle Palm today and confirmed they're closed for business. He suggested KW Palm Nursery in Lake Elsinore but that's too far out of route for me and i only have a limited amount of time. What are the places you know of in Orange Co?

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 6:39PM
lzrddr(91360)

The one you just mentioned is probably the best... Gary Wood's place is just into San Diego county and he may still be open (South Coast Palms)... and some Home Depots have these (though only now and then.. .saw a nice one for sale today at one in the San Fernando Valley)

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Please help identify my cycad
Hi all, I bought a cycad from a palm nursery that was...
aramat
Bangalow Palm Separation - Triple Planted
hi, i had just separated Bangalow Palms that i just...
acaryofyllis
Coconut Palm
Hi all. I am brand new to this forum and i'm just looking...
johnob
What's happening here?
One of my young cocos is showing these odd spots?I...
coconutman
Yucca Rostrata
Does anyone has Yucca rostrata planted in the garden...
longaeva54
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™