Perfectly healthy plants 95% green 5% yellow leaves.

stoneys_fatali(9b Duarte,Ca.)May 13, 2014

This is one of my healthiest plants. Deep green leaf color but every other couple days or so, I notice about 5-10 leaves are yellow and just fall off to the slightest touch.
I assume this is normal. No over ferts or water.
This plant is dark green. My phones camera makes it look slightly yellow for some reason.
They are being protected from the sun the next few days with temps over 100.

Stoney

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jutsFL(9b (Orlando))

All of my plants are doing the same thing. Every day I go out and another leaf or two per plant has yellowed, and is falling off. It's only affecting the lower leaves of mine. Hoping its normal as well. Maybe someone will have an answer to it?

Jay

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 7:11PM
stoneys_fatali(9b Duarte,Ca.)

I hear you Jay. Mine are low, middle, and upper. Like I said, the majority of this plants leaves are awesome deep green so I am thinking (hoping) this is just normal for both of us. The one large pod on it is also deep green and glossy. More buds forming.

Stoney

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 7:22PM
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Older leaves will age and "time out" naturally, but yellow lower leaves on my plants always tell me low Nitrogen - and that's what I address. Too much moisture will also cause yellow leaves....but the entire plant would typically have a yellowish cast to it.

Josh

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 7:35PM
pepper_rancher

Can you provide background as the nutes that are currently being provided?

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 10:29PM
stoneys_fatali(9b Duarte,Ca.)

This plant is 2 years old and really needed a boost. In March, it looked like a stick with crinkled leaves. I gave it a half dose of Vigoro (MG equivalent), the high nitrogen blue looking granular fert, and ot came back beautifully!
I have since layed back on that and every other watering, get some calcium and magnesium in there.
Very happy :-)

BTW, the yellow leaves that are dropping are all different sizes. Some small, some bigger.

Stoney

This post was edited by stoneys_fatali on Wed, May 14, 14 at 1:13

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Where do you find seeds for different hot peppers?
Is there a special place to order seeds for some of...
goldilocs
Need A TON of help on bhut jalokias
I'm growing bhut jalokias Carolina reapers and Trinidad...
bigcatcal
Lemon Peppers
I grew these last year from store bought seeds. They...
cooperdr_gw
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™