My 9 year-old Zamia got seriously infected! Please help!

HGueretlyOctober 6, 2012

I have 2 Zamia palm (Cycad)trees in my garden that got infected probably few weeks back, but I just noticed it yesterday (I have pictures but for some reason, was unable to post them). All new shoots coming from the heart of the palm tree have withered completely, and some have small round holes in them. I noticed also a lot of snails on the withered shoots which look like feeding on something. Any idea what should I do to same the tress? Pls help urgently. Thanks. NB: If someone thinks he/she can help and would like me to send him/her the pictures, pls email me the mail address to which to send the pictures

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RichardC7(6b-7a)

I'd say frost, but I don't think you get frost very much in North Africa! Heat damage maybe? or sun damage?

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 2:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HGueretly

Thank you for trying, but it can't be heat or frost. The weather has been very moderate last few weeks in Cairo where I am living, and the 2 tress have been thriving last 9 years in weathers much more accute than last few weeks. It must be an infection of some sort. The gardner (who is not a sofisticated one) claims that it is a new type of infection that came with plants imported from China lately! He sprayed it yesterday with an insecticide, but am not sure if it is not too late, or if it will be effective!

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
Mexican Fan Palm Tree - Fronds Turning Yellow/Brown
Hi everyone, I live north of Dallas, TX and have a...
RedRayderz01
How to graft palm?
Hi How to graft palm?
iskhan
Keeping Majestic Palm HELP
How to keep Majestic Palm alive in Northern Virginia...every...
marie13100
Winter coming...
I would like to know if I should put these young Sago...
chez54
Unknown palm acquisition
A guy in my neighborhood recently moved and left many...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake, F
Sponsored Products
Chrome Cloud 9 Concealed Thermostatic Twin Shower Faucet 1 Outlet
Hudson Reed
Bianca 72" Wall-Mounted Double Bathroom Vanity - Gray Oak Finish with Black Gran
Modern Bathroom
Illumine Outdoor Lighting. 1-Light Outdoor Bronze Wall Sconce with Ribbed Froste
Home Depot
Savoy House Industrial Nouvel Galaxy Bronze Metal Six-Light 14'' Wide Chandelier
$578.00 | LuxeDecor
Fork Table Lamp
Lightology
Ambella Home Collection - Lorraine Square Counter Height Gathering...
Great Furniture Deal
Calynda Nightstand - BLACK
$1,029.00 | Horchow
Loft Sectional Sofa
Italy Design
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™