One last day?

andyandy(6bMI)October 4, 2012

After a blazing middle of summer, late summer was a crapper. September was cold and with the excpetion of one afternoon I've had all of my zone 9-11 palms inside. Lots of lows in the low 40s and a frost warning. today however they are calling for 78 so I dragged them all out this morning. High of 50 by Sunday though. I'm hoping for one last stretch of 70s but I don't think it's coming. And this after reading on the weather channel website that October was supposed to be warmer than normal for the great lakes region.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimhardy

Will be interesting to see how the temps respond after the current cool down-they say around 70 here all next week,we shall see.

BTW

Sept kept an interesting trend going....we were 5F below average
on the low and 4F over avg high-this is an effect caused directly by the low humidity/drought....
drier air heats up and cools down faster than moist air.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 10:08AM
wetsuiter(7b/8a)

It was 86 here yesterday with �ber humidity. Driving back home to the beaches from Wilmington yesterday, I watched my car thermometer (very accurate) climb to 89 in central Delaware at 11:35am. Ouch. That's like July or August. 79 and cloudy today, still humid.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 11:44AM
us_marine

October has just started so it still has that chance. But as far as long range forecast goes I never really trust them much. Over here has been hotter than average. But all that can change. I just hope winter is not a cold one.

- US_Marine

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 1:26PM
LagoMar(USDA 8/AHS 7)

Yeah it was 86 here yesterday too and 85 again today. This week we had higher humidity than we had all summer. Temps are expected to plummet early next week though. It is possible we will see our first night of below 50 for the season.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
Trimming Cycad Fronds
I have two King Sago Palms, in pots, in my enclosed...
mamaheel
Mexican Fan Palm Frond Tips are Black/Brown
Hello, I noticed yesterday that my Mexican Fan Palm...
eemedrelyt
Windmill Palm Fronds Shriveling!
For about a year now I've had this Windmill Palm planted...
windmillfan
Sago Palm out of control!
I have 3 sago palms that started as nice small plants....
kkupsh
Windmill survival opinion
I have a windmill, only about 1 foot of trunk, maybe...
islandbreeze
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™