Where do you find a collection of each years lowest winter temp?

us_marineOctober 29, 2012

The ones that they average out to determine USDA zones for each area/city? It must be somewhere? I cant seem to find anything. I'm going to start recording my own reading, just to see how acurate they are. It should help decide what palms would be best to zone push and how much protection they might need on cold years.

Thanks,

- US_Marine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ericthehurdler(NOR CAL 9a)

weather underground has that! click under "today's almanac" and it gives you historical temps for that day, click "view more history data" for every day of the year :D
http://www.wunderground.com

-Eric

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 1:51AM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
All those zones record is the "average" low over a set period of time. I'm supposedly in 10 A but over the years have been as low as 8 and as high as 11 Who knows what this winter will be or the next etc etc.
They're just averages anyway. gary

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 6:26AM
LagoMar(USDA 8/AHS 7)

Wow Gary! Its stunning that a zone 10 would ever drop into the teens. Where in Florida are you?

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 8:51AM
us_marine

I started doing that yesterday but it takes a while. Was kinda hoping another site like USDA or soemthing would already have it on a list or soemthing. But I guess not. And yeah I know. I just want to see what the actual average is, and how often we have colder or warmer winters.

- US_Marine

Bookmark   October 30, 2012 at 3:58PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Lagomar
It all depends on the jet stream. If it dips south we can get very cold though for a short time. .Coldest I've experienced was 25 for almost 6 hours while 10 miles west of me was 10 degrees colder. Will never forget the snow of 78 lol Can get cold as early as Oct and as late as march. but is VERY unusal . Right now we are experiencing a cold spell due to Sandy think we might hit 48 today which would be a record. I live very close to the gulf stream so highs and lows are moderated a lot lol
I always predict that it will be either above or below average lol have never been wrong yet!!! lol gary

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 3:52AM
More Discussions
Please help identify my cycad
Hi all, I bought a cycad from a palm nursery that was...
aramat
growing Dypsis lutescens indoors bad idea?
I hear they are really bad indoor plants, What is ideal...
YouthGarden
Sago Palm out of control!
I have 3 sago palms that started as nice small plants....
kkupsh
Germinating Bismarckia nobilis in cool subtropical climate
Hi, I am on Pico island in the Azores and there is...
PicoAzores
Mexican Fan Palm Frond Tips are Black/Brown
Hello, I noticed yesterday that my Mexican Fan Palm...
eemedrelyt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™