First camelia susanqua bloom of the season

wetsuiter(7b/8a)October 21, 2012

While I have seen some camellia susanqua in full bloom around town, this is my first of the season. These will carry my garden into Christmas, as the spring bloomers can start opening. Last season I had camelias blooming nearly nonstop from October through April.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LagoMar(USDA 8/AHS 7)

You might want to post this over at the Camellias forum. Then again, not sure anyone will see it there. My yard is also LOADED with Camellias. One could easilly call it a Camellia garden. Whoever lived here before me felt the same way about camellias as I do about palms, apparently. I am not sure what all varieties I have, but two types are blooming now (one a darker pink that looks similar to carnation and the other a lighter pink w/ yellow center), and like you say there will be some in bloom through April.

Here is a link that might be useful: Virginia Beach Weather

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 12:42AM
jimhardy

Looks like more to come too!

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 10:53AM
wetsuiter(7b/8a)

Yeah, Jim this is loaded with buds. A few more opened today. The japonicas out front are in full sun so have a lot more but they normally don't start opening until late January. Last year, those opened in early December and continued blooming until April.

Largo, I don't think anyone posts on any other site. Everyone nests here cause it's active and nurturing. LOL.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
Palm ID
Hi, might anyone id these palms? I had asked my landscaper...
reyetwinger
Vertically vs horizontally sprouted coconuts
Hello everybody! I saw some vertically sprouted coconuts...
coconutman
Sterling, VA trachy???
Anyone seen or have updates on that big Sterling, Virginia...
islandbreeze
Sago Palm out of control!
I have 3 sago palms that started as nice small plants....
kkupsh
Windmill survival opinion
I have a windmill, only about 1 foot of trunk, maybe...
islandbreeze
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™