What plant food works good for peppers ?????

nebhellbillheatMay 18, 2009

About to start feeding my pepper plants. I was just wondering what people think is good to use for plant food. I have no idea...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smokemaster_2007

Bury the snotty kniebor a couple feet down under your garden...

If someone beat ya to it you can use what I do
1/4 - 1/8th strength fish emultion and seasweed extract everytime I water.
It's harder to overdo fish emultion because it has to break down before the plant can use it.
Increase the amount of seaweed extract and reduce the fish when it's budding/fruiting time.

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 12:02AM
ardnek710(z6 stlouis)

peppers don't need alot. we use 10-10-10 very sparingly at planting, then a dilute compost tea periodically through season. when the first flush of pods is done and the plant hasn't kicked back into flowering gear, we like to give a super high phosphate snack that triggers the flowering earlier. this way we can get a second full flush ripened before it gets to cold here.

oh yeah, if they are seedlings you are waiting on, then a very dilute fish emulsion, compost tea, or miracle gro solution is all you need.

kendra

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 2:34AM
tn_veggie_gardner(7)

I use water diluted MG tomato food (for lack of funds usually to buy anything else)...a bit less than I use on my maters. It works just fine. =)

Bookmark   May 19, 2009 at 10:38AM
runyonm_linnbenton_edu

I have a lots of Hot Peppers and have grown them for years with pretty good luck. This year I have had some problems with pests and used a mild garlic, hot pepper and soap solution on the plants for cucumber beetles and it seemed to work well. My question is about Milk. Someone told me at one of our local organic farms to use milk right on the plants and in the soil. They said the peppers like the calcium and the leaves like to coating of milk to help with bug control. Do you know anything about this? Thanks so much!

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 3:55PM
More Discussions
Problems Germinating Seeds
Hi Everyone, I used to be able to germinate seeds....
newmexmike
Your Grow List --- 2015
It is getting closer to start the season especially...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
MY PEPPER LIST FOR 2015
I GROW IN 5 GAL. WOODEN POTS ON MY DECK. CHARLSTON...
dac596
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Effect of Temperatures, Day Length, Rain/Moist'r on . Peppers.
Title speaks for itself, to some extent. But let's...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™