Copper Fungicide Dangerous

cmventuraOctober 16, 2010

Hey guys,

does anyone have info on copper fungicide? Is it harmful/dangerous to humans? I don't know why every time I spray (and I wear long sleeve, long pants and shoes and cover my face) I feel like I might be poisoning myself....

any words of wisdom?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
butiaman(8a Douglasville,GA.)

I don't know about copper fungicide being poisonous.I always use a respirator when I'm spraying any chemicals..Most fungicides tell on the back label to use a mask when spraying it,and try to spray downwind.I wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt also.I don't want to take any chances of poisoning myself.

    Bookmark   October 16, 2010 at 7:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
david_(10a)

Yes it is poisonous if you consume it. It is good advise to cover your hands and arms when using it. I have had it on my hands and I just washed it off and all was fine. I personally would use another fungicide unless you really need to use copper. Copper is poisonous to birds and animals as well.

    Bookmark   October 16, 2010 at 8:35PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How to trim a half dead palm..
Hello! I have a large palm that has been in my house...
thrghbrdjmpr
Germinating Bismarckia nobilis in cool subtropical climate
Hi, I am on Pico island in the Azores and there is...
PicoAzores
Mexican Fan Palm Frond Tips are Black/Brown
Hello, I noticed yesterday that my Mexican Fan Palm...
eemedrelyt
Windmill Palm Fronds Shriveling!
For about a year now I've had this Windmill Palm planted...
windmillfan
dead?
I have a Pygmy date palm and I think I killed it. Is...
dollyday3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™