Apricot Locks

rox146June 11, 2014

I purchased this from Suki at Tropic Nature over 4 years ago. Finally an inflo on Apricot Locks. Very small, size of a quarter and a nice scent. Anyone have this? Anyone know what happened to Tropic Nature on the North side of Oahu? roxanne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

Rox,
I had one when Suki first introduced it, I think it was 2005. It does perform in cooler temps. I gave mine away in 2009, as I was thinning out my collection.
As for Trop Nat, the website is gone and the owner does not post on any forums anymore, though she does have a FB page.
Originally TN was run from her house in Ewa Bch, then she finally bought a house and moved to Waianae, then ran the website for couples of year and then poof gone, other than a few rumors that were circulating around as to what happened at the end.
I know that Matt aka onestopaloha on Ebay, carries many of the same varieties like Bonnie Fox, Wave Rage, etc. Fuzzy Moody aka Blooming Plumerias also supplied Trop Nat with some of her stock that she sold so you can find some of the same varieties in Bloomingplumerias Ebay store. From 2001 to 2006, I had purchased a ton of stuff from her but only have 3 of her plumies left in my collection as I gifted the rest away.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 12:41AM
gidgetsocal

I love the beautiful color!!

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 2:02AM
rox146

mahalos freak4plumeria...after waiting so long for blooms, wish they would be bigger! Were yours small too? roxanne

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 9:15AM
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

Rox,
My plant bloomed the 2nd season I had it and initially were small, but later flowers got bigger and with the drooping slight curve to the petal like Suki's.

May not be warm enough now, might have to wait till Aug/Sept.
Congrats

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
Can anyone ID this plumeria?
This was my first plumeria. I found it in the backyard...
jedobaTX9b
How To Give Away Plumeria
I bought a plumeria (gorgeous pinks and yellows) before...
treehugger101
More questions.....
So... I have had my Plumerias down the basement for...
scott_madison
Length of dormancy....
Greetings! I have two grafted plumeria, Celadine and...
scott_madison
a test for Laura
Just a test to see if working, now only to remember...
rox146
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™