Ironic

pharoah(Sherman Oaks CA)June 19, 2009

Hey peeps!

I was planning on attending the JJ's open house tomorrow, but decided it wasn't practical to make the drive and spend the gas money.

I was depressed, so I went to Home Depot to look in the garden center. They had a lot of plumeria in 1 gallon in the semi-shade section. They were all generic and only two had a few flowers. I decided to pass on buying those, but figured I would go inside to look at the orchids. Guess what I found? JJ's premium Inca Gold! There were only 3 left, but all had multi-branches and inflos. I picked up a 4 branch with 2 inflos for $29!

I just found it interesting that I would find a plumie from the very place that I was depressed about not being able to visit.

ALSO!! I located a wholesale nursery much closer that only carries JJ's varieties, so that's where I will be tomorrow shopping.

To those of you going, please take pics and let us know what you buy!

Have a great night,

Tony

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cbadcali

Hi Tony; Lucky you, that's a good plumie for a great price. I went to the sale. Came home with a Thai Splash. There were many plants, some in bloom, and lots of people coming in the gate as I left. They had several Afrique plumies who were in various stages of bloom. (That is one of the nicest plumies and the color is to die for and the scent is an added plus in my opinion). Well I think I am officially out of room for any more plumeria. Well maybe just one more for my birthday next month. take care, cbad

Bookmark   June 20, 2009 at 2:40PM
egnursery.com

Hello Guys,

I myself am a plumeria fanatic so I know what it is like to search for nice new varieties of plumerias. I own a nursery and carry almost all if Jungle Jacks plumerias. I have JJ plumerias from 1 gal. up to 24'' boxes. Try our website if you want more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Evergreen Nursery, LLC.

Bookmark   June 21, 2009 at 9:48PM
pharoah(Sherman Oaks CA)

Hey EG!
I'm the guy that bought the California Sunset from you on Saturday! You have a great selection, and it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Tony

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 12:54AM
drewcarb(8B SFV Los Angeles)

Tony,
I'm in West Hills - pretty close to you in Sherman Oaks. Where is this place you say is closer? I looked on their site and it says Avocado Heights - where's that? Area code 626 sounds like Pasadena area to me.

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 2:43PM
plumcr8zy(SoCal)

drewcarb,
I don't mean to but in here but the name Avocado Heights is kind of misleading. It's near the La Puente/Whittier area. It's off the 605 freeway and Valley Blvd. If you Google map it, you'll see where they're located. They seem to carry a lot of Jungle Jacks Plumerias. I don't know if they stock everything that is on their website. Prices are comparable to prices at the open house. Have fun shopping and don't get lost.
-Rick

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 6:39PM
Drodriguez99

I agree with Rick, the location at Avocado Heights is very misleading like the owner German at EG. I have learned my lesson in dealing with him.
David

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
It's almost here!
Hey everyone! I'm dying for spring to get here! I...
moonie_57
How to solve this?
Okay a received a cutting about a week ago, but then...
plumeriai45
A Plumeria in the UK
Hello all, I am new on this forum, usually on the Adenium...
adenium1949
Frangipani Fading?
So 3 of my frangipani's are doing this badly on the...
archades
Sponsored Products
Scorza Iron Console - BROWN
$1,149.00 | Horchow
Currey and Company Manuscript Pendant
ModernistLighting.com
Antiqued Birdcage Bookshelf
$179.99 | Dot & Bo
Campania International Isleboro Cast Stone Bird Bath - B-146-AL
$514.99 | Hayneedle
KOHLER Bathtubs Memoirs 5 ft. Right Drain Soaking Tub in Sandbar K-722-G9
Home Depot