Monsoon season underway

elkwc(6b)December 14, 2011

Another .50" last evening and .15" the night before. Now at 6.50 inches for the year. With the cooler temps the smaller amounts help. They don't evaporate and at least have some moisture in the tops few inches. We are so thankful for every drop and hoping more arrives soon. Jay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

Jay, I don't see how you can grow anything with so little rain. You mush have a good water source somewhere. I have to buy my water at $5.50 per 1000 gal. + other charges.

I hope thing start changing for you and you can get the water you need.

Larry

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 12:09PM
soonergrandmom

Let us know when you need the rescue squad to bring in the boats.

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 6:33PM
elkwc(6b)

Larry,
I have deep sandy soil and along with deep mulch even in the hottest weather I only have to water twice a week but most of the time once a week. Otherwise it would be costly. My highest water bill was 60 something I think last summer.

Carol my feet are becoming webbed. The soil had a slight spongy feel yesterday morning when I first went out. The first time in almost 2 years I had felt that. I haven't checked my records but heard right here it had been almost 2 years since we had received over an inch in one rain. I totaled that in 2-3 rain showers over 24 hours this summer once but not all in one thunder storm like we used to see a few times every summer. Jay

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 8:50AM
soonergrandmom

Webbed feet, cute! HaHa We are just barely under the 4 feet mark and will probably hit that today. Mother Nature is just not fair and I think you guys made her really mad.

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Squash Resistant to Squash Bug and Squash Vine Borer
According to Jay White at Texas A&M University,...
chickencoupe
Question on my potatoes
I planted the first week of April. They're strong and...
chickencoupe
Sweet pepper list
I started my sweet pepper seeds today and here is my...
oldbusy1
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
Are there any young people that garden?
I'm 63 and just wondered if there were any young people...
pistol
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™