Plumeria Rot

jamielynnejJuly 8, 2011

I have had my Plumeria a little over a year, and I came home one day to find my cutting out of the pot and de-rooted. I want to save this plant, but it seems that it has rotted and I'm not sure what to do to save it! Please give me any insight/help that you can! Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

Hard to tell, but it looks like it had black tip and then maybe too much water at the root zone since it wasn't leafed out. If it's not too desicated, you could try to cut off the lower rotted portion, let it dry for a week and then try rooting again. Make sure to put it outside where it is warm, but protected from rains. It looks pretty shriveled though. Maybe others can help more.

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 8:19AM
sunseeker53(10a CA USA)

If this was mine, I'd cut off the bottom rotted portion (cut until you don't see anymore brown rot inside the trunk). I'd do the same with the tips, cut down until you see healthy tissue inside. Dip the cut bottom into rooting powder, let the branch dry for 1-2 weeks, then plant in fast draining soil and set it in a warm place. Water only once when planting, then don't water again until leaves appear.
Good luck!

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 1:31AM
jamielynnej

What should I use to cut it? I'm not a plant expert, this is my first attempt! :)
And rooting powder can be found at Lowes? Thank you!

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 9:35AM
sunseeker53(10a CA USA)

I'd just use a pair of garden shears (clean blades with alcohol). The rooting powder ("rooting hormone") can be found at any Lowe's, Home Depot or Armstrong where the fertilizers are.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
How To Give Away Plumeria
I bought a plumeria (gorgeous pinks and yellows) before...
treehugger101
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Sally Moragne
Sally Moragne is another that doesn't want to relax...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Jungle Jacks at Lowes
So, now that I have your attention....when do you think...
rox146
Thai Super Round Blooming In February.....Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Hello everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying the warmth...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™