good weather omen for the east coast?

LagoMar(USDA 8/AHS 7)November 8, 2012

This is the second consecutive year with an early snowstorm in the northeast. Winter came early to the east with cities such as nyc Atlanta and charlotte already having had freezing temps. Maybe we are in the same pattern as last year and can expect a fantastically mild winter!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LagoMar(USDA 8/AHS 7)

Oops my bad. Misinformation on Atlanta. I saw they had frost adviseries last night but only got down to 39. Well regardless its cold early here in the east. Its been more like January here in va bch with highs only in the lower 50s since Sandy.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 9:40AM
andyandy(6bMI)

I heard NW to SE cooler than normal and SW, MW and NE warmer than usual.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 11:48AM
subtropix

I was thinking the same thing, Lago. Was listening to the Weather Channel the other day and they were going on about when was the last time a hurricane preceded a snowstorm. And I immediately thought, hello, how about LAST year. We had Irene, then the October freak snow. This is very strange! The last snow was the earliest snow accumulation of 4+ inches ever recorded! Lived here a long time. Usually, snow does not arrive until after X-Mas, never before Thanksgiving! This recent snow was very heavy and did more damage to trees. Who knows what to expect next! Abnormal, seems to be the new normal.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 8:40PM
LagoMar(USDA 8/AHS 7)

The animals actually know more about the weather than humans do. I've heard that in ny the bees built their winter homes close to the ground. This means a warm winter, as bees will build higher up in colder years.

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
Is a Windmill Palm worth it long term?
Okay guys this is my first post since Gardenweb joined...
MileHighGardener
Anyone know a nursery where i can buy Windmill Palms?
Hey there guys i'd like to purchase some windmill palms...
MileHighGardener
Windmill survival opinion
I have a windmill, only about 1 foot of trunk, maybe...
islandbreeze
Me little plants just atsrting out
If you look close you can see the Y.Rostrata,variegated...
jimhardy
I transplanted Bismarkias yesterday. Any success stories?
Late last summer I pushed two old Bismakia nobilis...
Josue Diaz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™