Help with Murraya

KSaraNovember 8, 2012

I need urgent help with my Murraya Paniculata.

I have quite a few bushes and they are showing yellowing leaves, leaf drop, curled leaves...and some spots too. On some bushes, the new foliage is light in colour with dark veins.

Is this a combination of nutrient deficiency and a disease/pest? I've attached a few photos.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

unless its a pH thing.. i rarely think it is a nutrient deficiency.. unless they have been potted for a very long time .. too many peeps think of fertilizer as 'food' .. and i always tell them.. their plants are not children that need to be fed ...

but the off color young growth MIGHT mean something is not being processed properly .... and only a soil test will tell you such ... [also .. whats the weather history in the area.. any extended drought.. heat.. etc ????]

that said.. a good general soil test.. will tell you such ...

your pic is pretty small.. the white flecks made me first think of scale.. and second.. aphids.. but i cant focus on anything there ... did you check the back of the leaves ...

any chance at a larger pic of the whole???

and finally, no plant holds its leaves forever [presuming its evergreen] .. and such loss is increased by transplant .. whats the history of these plants ...

more info please!!!

ken

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 7:43AM
More Discussions
A rabbit! Argh!
Of all the problems I expected in a suburban dessert,...
deserthawk
Weird white stuff growing on my plants.
I've noticed weird stuff growing & spreading on...
Cheryl Tan
Tomato disease
My tomato is under attack. It looks like both insects...
garf_gw
Help for my Privet
I have two large privets outside on my Patio, (i live...
estesdv
Question for the 'Regular' contributors
I've noticed a real slow down in this forum since the...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™