catalog recommendations?

canokieDecember 21, 2013

Hi everyone,

I would like to sign up for some seed catalogs so when I get back from Canada I can start out the new year by planning my 2014 grow list. I'm also planning to set up a proper seed starting system with shelves and lights and everything so I can do this right.

Which catalogs do you all recommend? I am especially interested in varieties that do well in our climate, and anything that produces well in a smaller space is of particular interest to me. Since my yard is small my focus tends to be growing as much as I can in a small space.

Looking forward to everyone's recommendations :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soonergrandmom

These are probably my four favorites, but I order from others also, like Dixondale Farms for onions.

Baker Creek (www.rareseeds.com)
Johnny's (http://www.johnnyseeds.com/)
Willhite (http://www.willhiteseed.com/)
Pinetree (http://www.willhiteseed.com/)

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 2:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

I'll list some different ones than Carol did, but her 4 favorites are some of my favorites too.

Sample Seed Shop (www.sampleseeds.com). This small company is owned and operated by a Garden Web member named Remy. Unless otherwise stated, her seed packets all are $1.50. Everything I've grown from her seeds has done exceptionally well for me.

Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. (www.southernexposure.com) This employee-owned and operated company specializes in southern heirloom varieties and has a wonderful selection. I could have pretty much the garden I want every year by only purchasing seeds from them (as long as I could keep getting my onions from Dixondale).

Victory Seed.(www.victoryseed.com) This is one of the first companies from whom I purchased seed online and remains a favorite.

Nichols Garden Nursery (www.nicholsgardennursery.com) Fantastic selection and all kinds of herbs (both seeds and in plant form.)

Swallowtail Garden Seeds. (www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com) Wonderful varieties. It is dangerous for me to stay too long at their website because I want to buy one of every flower variety they offer.

That's a few to keep you busy.

Dawn

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
earthworm compost
Does anybody know of a place in Oklahoma where I can...
sophie
Onion question...
I haven't been on here in awhile....I couldn't sign...
ilovetoplant
pine shavings yes or no
I have access to alot of pine shavings/bedding from...
luvncannin
How can I add photos to my posts?
I know many of you do this....I have tried to find...
merryheart
The Twenty 'Best' Tomatoes
The latest issue of Mother Earth News has their list...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Sponsored Products
Green Shantung Bell Lamp Shade 3x5x4 (Clip-On)
$50.00 | Lamps Plus
Serena & Lily Lemons Wallpaper
Serena & Lily
39" Trendy Gray Granite Stone Bathroom Trough Sink - FIGARO
Living'ROC
Thermostatic Shower System, 12 Round Head & Arm, Handset & Body Sprays
Hudson Reed
Classic Zebra Set of Four Shades 3x6x5 (Clip-On)
$49.99 | Lamps Plus
Disney Princess 80-Piece Stationery Set
$12.99 | zulily
Lynx 27-inch Built-in Grill with Brass Burners and Rotisserie
FRONTGATE
Blast Zone Pirate Bay Inflatable Water Park - PIRATESBAYPLAYPARK
$549.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™