This is a first. Have no idea what this is or where it comes from. All my plants are treated in the soil with Merit.
Can anyone diagnose and tell me how to get rid of it?
Thanks in advance.
usually mulch based ... did you add some this year???
merit has nothing to do with it ...
in my world.. the world of fungus is a bonus show .. put on by mother earth..
and it didnt cost me anything..
if you can see no impact on your plant.. how about you enjoy it as i do ...
if your head will explode if you dont get rid of it.. just remove the mulch ... [i bet you clean your house too.. lol] ....
always keep in mind.. fungus is a process of decay ... ipso ergo presto .. they really dont have any impact on an otherwise healthy plant ... [hence the thought that it is the dead rotting mulch .. kinda full circle there.. lol] ...
can you leave it there???
Looks like one of the many slime molds. Its breaking down the mulch and nothing to be concerned about.
Agree with slime mold. Not a fungus, not a mold, not a parasite. It will eventually go away on its own.
That does look like a slime mold, not a fungus. Slime molds are not a problem except they do appear to be disgusting. You could stir the mulch a bit to control it some.
Here is a link that might be useful: About Slime Mold
as i meant.. whether i said it or not..
mold.. fungus.. etc.. its all a bonus show from ma nature ...
now that you know what it is.. enjoy it for what it is. .. FREE!!!! .. lol ...
i didnt think this was a fungus.. but i was thinking of all the volunteer mushrooms that poke out of mulch.. as it ages .. all cool.. in my book ... even the one that smells like poop.. and looks and is named after.. that which shall not be mentioned in public .. lol