I think my plants have a problem!

tashi2013December 12, 2013

Hi,
All my houseplants are looking sick, the leaves are wilting and the growth is stunted, I have repotted them all, I was told that I am over watering so I stopped that but nothing is improving there condition, please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tashi2013

Another photo

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:58PM
tashi2013

And another one

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:00PM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

you should probably venture over to the houseplant forum.. and bone up on how to deal with such ...

BTW .. welcome to GW ....

i am sure.. no one told you to STOP watering ... perhaps they suggested you water properly.. which includes near drying in between waterings.. but never to stop ...

and.. that media looks bone dry.. you moistened it before repotting.. didnt you ???

when did this all go down .... transplant shock is a possibility ....

how did you repot.... just jam in the old media.. and stuff new stuff around??? .... any root work??? ... meaning severe stresses ...

some of the pix.. indicate middle of the room placement ... that is usually not enough light for many things ...

it would also help.. to know where you are .... is furnace heat an issue???? ... lack of humidity indoors in winter an issue????

ken

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:31PM
agardenstateof_mind

What Ken said, above. I also recommend the Houseplant forum. That being said, remember that transplanting is a shock for the plants. Also understand that what happens with overwatering is that the roots rot and die, which means they cannot take up water to send to the stems and leaves. If there was root damage, either through decay or repotting, they may be able to recover but could take a little while to catch up to the plant's needs. Show your plants some extra TLC while they're recuperating. That doesn't mean an overabundance of water, though :-) ... although that potting medium does look awfully dry. I expect the folks on the houseplant forum will have some very good advice for you (I'm more of an outdoor perennial person, myself, with only a few houseplants these days.) Be patient and good luck!

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Help for my Privet
I have two large privets outside on my Patio, (i live...
estesdv
Getting rid of soil nematodes
Dear veggie lovers: This is my first season growing...
diane_zn7a_albqnm_5500ft
Tomato disease
My tomato is under attack. It looks like both insects...
garf_gw
atrazine
I am not a novice gardener, and yesterday I applied...
nancy1648
Tomato Leaf Disease
The tomato disease has begun here in Miami. Does this...
garf_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™